Student Loans: The Sallie Mae Smart Option®
Whether you’re an undergraduate, graduate student, or parent, get money for school from Sallie Mae®. Student loans from Memorial Credit Union in partnership with Sallie Mae® could help!
Sallie Mae® higher education loans are designed for the needs of undergraduates, graduate students, and parents.
- Competitive interest rates
- Multiple repayment options
- No origination fees: no prepayment penalty¹
The Smart Option Student Loan® for Memorial Credit Union by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions, you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates!
This loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
Find out which loan is right for you, get started here.
- Multiple in-school repayment options plus a choice of competitive fix and variable interest rates provides even more flexibility.
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Rewards and interest rate reductions available
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- 100% US-based Student Loan Specialist
We encourage students and families to start with savings, grants, scholarships, and federal student loans to pay for college. Students and families should evaluate all anticipated monthly loan payments, and how much the student expects to earn in the future, before considering a private student loan.
These loans are made by Sallie Mae Bank or a lender partner. Memorial Credit Union is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of loan customers.
1 Although we do not charge you a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as provided in your promissory note: First to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal.