Important Notice Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are all dealing with an issue of immense magnitude and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by the coronavirus. Looking out for our members and employees is our top priority.
We are monitoring the evolving situation and we’re doing everything we can to protect your best interests and ensure you have access to the financial services you need. We’re here for you when you need us most.
We Are here to Help
(All Memorial Credit Union lobbies will be closed effective Monday 3-23-20.)
We would like to encourage you to use our other alternative business channels to avoid person to person contact:
• Make check deposits with Remote Deposit Capture through MCU Online
(If you haven’t already done so, download the free app today).
• Check balances and Transfer Money through MCU Online or MCU Mobile
• Use ATMs for cash withdrawals
• Use our drive-thru location for cash or check transactions
• Deposit checks in the night drop
• Apply for loans at MCU Online
• Open accounts at MCU Online
• Call Us – If you’d like to speak with us directly, feel free to call our Member Service
Center during normal business hours at 713-778-6300. We are happy to help.
We realize that some of our members may be asked to stay home from work as a precaution or in the case of illness. This may be a burden on your financial situation.
If you have loans with MCU and you are not able to make the payment due to lost wages, think about these options:
• Skip a Pay on your next personal or auto loan payment. We are waiving the requirement of having a span of three months between skipped payments as well as waiving the fee. Submit your request here.
• Should you need a loan during this time, we can handle this completely electronically. No need to come to the branch. Go to our website to get started.
• Free up some monthly income by refinancing your current mortgage. Rates are at their lowest levels in years and you may find that refinancing is a great way to improve cash flow. This starts by visiting Member Home Loan.
We will keep you updated on how MCU is responding to the evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Look for our latest updates on Memorialcu.org and through our social media channels on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the virus is thought to spread mainly from between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 3 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Fever, cough, and shortness of breath may appear 2-14 days after exposure.
For more information about the coronavirus, visit the CDC website.